Through Myra's Eyes

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Broken but working

I know I have the oldest cell phone around.  But, it still works and my kids have my up grade.
When the numbers started to fall off I wanted to cry.
This isn't a good time for my phone to die.
I need it to get a job, to text my baby girl when I need to feel some love, when I take a walk, just in case!
It needs to live just a little bit longer.

My poor phone, you have heard every kid ask for something, heard me when I'm lost, heard bad news from death to I'm laid off from my job and now to a job offer I can't wait to start.  Just a little bit longer, we don't have this job yet, we won't drown, we will stay strong together, even when everyone else has walked away.
Thanking my phone for a good life seems strange but, it's my life line right now and I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment