Through Myra's Eyes

Monday, January 11, 2016

David Bowie is gone

David Bowie has passed away due to cancer, on Jan. 10, 2016.
I have some of the best memories about sitting in a line for 6 hours to buy two tickets to see him at Angel Stadium in the summer of 1983.
I had a t-shirt made with his name on it with a big 83' along with it.
I was in nose bleed seats and during the concert.  I was asked three times if I wanted to buy drugs...yuck, no!  (I remember once in the bathroom by some ugly girl.)  After that day I changed my look back to Miss Sweet and Pretty Girl.  I didn't want to look like a dirty drugy any more.  
But, even thou I changed my looks I didn't stop loving David Bowie music, I can hear the first note and start singing his songs word for word.
When I was thinking about naming my first child, I was thinking it would be fun to name a boy Bowie.  My Mother had a short talk with me about it, and with her words I decided I should save that name for a pet.
"I still don't know what I was waiting for....change change changes!"  Berlin will always love you but, I will never for get the hours of enjoying your music.
Look out you rock n rollers, David Bowie is going to change heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment