Through Myra's Eyes

Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11...Where were you?

September 11...it's a day you always remember where you were and what you were doing, no matter what coast you were on.
Funny how I can remember how quiet that day was with no airplanes in the air and Knott's Berry Farm closed, it was so quiet, but the tourist where out looking for somewhere else to go and there was nowhere to go but home.
I can remember thinking should I send my kids to school, we are thousand of miles away from the hurt.  So I thought there are lock downs in our school and it will be just as safe there as it would be to stay home.
They got up and feed and dressed like any other day.  It was the second day of this new school year. Princess P was going to her second day of school and loving the first day so much, how could I stop her from wanting to be a big girl now.
It's funny how I can remember that day like I can remember the day my parents died BUT, I can't remember what I cooked for dinner last night or if I said thank you enough to my kids who keep me living, laughing and happy they are the reason why I am a Mother today and for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment